KUMAR HASHIMAH & CO No 6(A), Jalan Abdullah,
PEGUAMBELA & PEGUAMCARA Jalan Bangsar,
ADVOCATES & SOLICITORS 59000 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel : 03-2282 5622
Fax : 03-2282 5245
P. UTHAYAKUMAR. LL.B, CLP.
Hours : Mon. – Fri.
9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
Sat. & Sunday – Closed
Your Reference :
In Reply Please Quote :
Date : 23/03/2011
YAB Tan Sri Dato` Seri Abd Khalid Bin Ibrahim FIRST REMINDER
Menteri Besar Selangor
Pejabat Menteri Besar Selangor
Bangunan Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah, Fax: 03-55190032
40503 Shah Alam . E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dato’ Mohamad Roslan bin Sakiman
Majlis Bandaraya Petaling Jaya
Jalan Yong Shook Lin
46675 Petaling Jaya. Fax: 03-79581494
Selangor Darul Ehsan E-Mail: email@example.com
Re: 1) What steps have Selangor State government / MBPJ taken to reopen Jalan Gasing Petaling Jaya Sivan Temple.
2) Request for all information on Closure / Stop Work Order of this temple by virtue of Freedom of Information Act 2010 (Selangor).
We refer to the above matter to our letter dated 9/2/2011 and to your good selves’ letter to the state Legal Adviser dated 16/2/2011 for which we are yet to receive a reply.
We act for Hindu Rights Action Force (Hindraf) acting in the general public interest and scores of devotees of the Jalan Gasing Hindu Temple, Petaling Jaya.
With reference to the newsreport at page one of Makkal Osai today (09/02/2011), our clients regrets to note the announcement of the continued closure of this temple by the Selangor State government which has no legal basis at all whatsoever, what more being in direct contravention of Article 11 of the Federal Constitution which guarantees Freedom of Religion.
Kindly forthwith and in any event within seven (7) days revoke the said unlawful and unconstitutional closing down Order of this temple and confirm the same with us accordingly.
Further to the much touted Selangor Freedom of Information Act 2010 and in the general public interest, kindly let us have copies of the following information and/or documents within seven (7) days from the date hereof:-
1) All minutes of the Selangor State EXCO and the Petaling Jaya City Hall with regards to the Stop Work Order and/or the closure of this temple.
2) All reports by Ikram vis a vis the alleged landside leading to the Stop Work Order and/or the temple closure.
3) All Engineers’ and other reports vis a vis the alleged landside leading to the Stop Work Order and/or temple closure.
4) A copy of the Stop Work Order on this temple vis a vis the alleged landside leading to the Stop Work Order and/or temple closure.
5) What has the PKR led Selangor State Government done to remedy the alleged serious land slide and endangering the general public since assuming power in the last three years.
6) Why has it taken up to three (3) years and continuing indefinitely since immediately after PKR/PR taking over power in Selangor (April 2008) to lift the stop work order on this temple.
7) Why has the land title to this temple not been granted to this temple and the same gazetted accordingly despite P.R having ruled Selangor for three years now.
8) When will this temple be fully operational again to it’s pre 2008 glory.
9) Is this an attempt by the Selangor State Government to close down this temple in collusion with the nearby millionaires’ mansions or is it a genuine and bona-fide safety concern? Kindly confirm.
10) If it is a bona-fide safety concern why is it that the mansion on the way down from the temple with the about 100 feet dangerous beams protruding down which is so visible from the right hand side of Jalan Gasing heading towards the Federal Highway and so plainly and obviously seen as dangerous by thousands of road users every day and the scores of other hill slope houses and Condominiums in Bukit Gasing alone, let alone in the rest of the State of Selangor not been similarly closed down/torn down.
11) Is there any history of any Masjids, Suraus, Churches, Chinese Temples, Buddhist Temples or any other place of worship that has ever been closed down or given a Stop Work Order in the State of Selangor.
Finally our clients ask that the land title this temple is sitting on be granted to the temple and the same gazette accordingly within thirty (30) days from the date hereof for a permanent solution unlike the present limbo and indefinite closure and/or Stop Work Order.
Kindly revert to us within seven (7) days from the date hereof for our clients’ further action in the best interest of this temple being reopened.
O/FILE FEB 2011 – PC1 (V)
You might also like
Letter to S’gor MB: Information on Jalan Gasing Sivan temple, all 12 & 60 Hindu temples granted land by Selangor State Government by virtue of Freedom of Information Enactment 2010 (Selangor).
What steps have Selangor State government / MBPJ taken to reopen Jalan Gasing Petaling Jaya Sivan Temple despite 3 years ruling Selangor.
P.J. Sivan Hindu temple: PKR Selangor M.B refuse to reopen temple or hand over documents by virtue of Freedom of Information Act (Selangor) 2010.
RM70 Million Midlands Estate Tamil school land degazetted & granted to RM 5 Billion i City private development for mere RM3 Million, downgraded from elite school status
Legal Notice of Demand for Registration of HRP. KITA Party registered within one month, MMSP within two weeks but HRP not approved despite 12 years of application.
Re : Peaceful assembly @ PKR HQ on Indians neglected in P.R ruled states by PKR, DAP & PAS leaders and their 82 MPs’
What ever happened to Midlands Tamil School land within i-City development. Letter to MB : Freedom of Information Act 2011.
Malay mob beat up Indian youths who were in turn arrested and detained by Malay-sian police. Zero police arrest of criminals despite severe head injuries and almost blinded.
P. Uthayakumar and Y.B Manoharan Malayalam unilaterally declare open ancient Jalan Gasing Hindu Temple forced to close down by PKR DAP and PAS Selangor.
Three Selangor Hindu temples: under high tension electric cables forced to relocate next to sewerage pond, forced to Industrial wasteland and given notice to be demolished. All in one day! Only in PKR Selangor!
Hindu deity beheaded, hindu temple demolished by PKR Selangor State government @ Port Klang. 11 MP & 13 ADUN PKR DAP & PAS Indian mandores powerless
PKR S’gor : No land for all hindu temples, hindu cemetaries and all 98 Tamil schools and Indian settlements. Stop Exco Xavier Jayakumar’s acts of a la MIC mandorism.
Jalan Gasing Sivan Temple: Anwar Ibrahim should grant land title and gazette it first before closing it to public on “safety” grounds.
Media Event: Sudam protest II @ Selangor MB’s office protesting Glenmarie hindu temple demolishment: 12/12/11 @ 12.30p.m.