Your Reference :
In Reply :
Date : 19th April 2011
Y. B. Dato Abu Kassim bin Mohamed
Malaysian Anti Corruption Agency (MACC)
SPRM Block D6, Complex D,
Pusat Pentadbiran Kerajaan Persekutuan,
62007 Wilayah Persekutuan, Fax : 03-88889562
Putrajaya E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Re: Chitra Powrnami Teluk Intan: Exorbitant RM2,000.00 per stall by M.P.T.I. for one day whereas only RM30.00 for one whole month for Ramadan Puasa stalls. Also UMNO racism in targeting Indian petty traders when issuing summons.
Yesterday our P.Uthayakumar, S.Jayathas, P.Ramesh and some 45 members of Hindraf Makkal Sakthi and the Human Rights Party from Teluk Intan and nationwide were present at the Chitra Pournami Hindu Festival at Teluk Intan Perak. We were asked by the tens of affected Indian petty traders to forward the following complaint in the general public interest to the Malaysian Anti Corruption Agency (MACC) for your goodselves further action forthwith:-
1) Up to RM2,000.00 being the licence fee per stall measuring a mere 10 feet by 6 feet was imposed by the Teluk Intan Municipal Council (M.P.T.I) on Indian petty traders for in effect a mere one day’s business. To the direct contrary only a mere RM30.00 licence fee is rightly imposed on the Malay muslim traders doing business for the whole one month at the Ramadan puasa, FAMA, Pasar Malam stalls etc in Teluk Intan and nationwide. This is an act of corruption by the Teluk Intan Municipal Council (MPTI) in collusion with local politicians and gangsters who hike up the said licence fee from the official RM330.00 to up to RM2,000.00 per stall.
2) Only Malay muslim stall owners are freely allowed to put up stalls and with no licence fees imposed or Summons issued in and around the Teluk Intan clock tower area and right up to the entrance road to the Teluk Intan Town Centre temple area. Indian stalls owners are however segregated.
3) Summons was issued by the MPTI to at least one Indian trader selling ice water who could not afford to fork out the exorbitant licence fees, but not to his next stall Malay muslim owner selling clothes.(copy of the said Summons is enclosed herewith). Why is this UMNO racism allowed to prevail?
4) Extra stalls on the side of the newly being build Klinik Kesihatan Teluk Intan was disallowed when it was allowed in previous years, thus limiting the number of Indian petty traders business opportunities. (photos of the empty space is enclosed herewith).
5) While leeway is rightly given to tens of thousands of Malay muslim petty trader stalls outside Masjid Negara, Kg baru and many major masjids nationwide every Fridays during Friday prayers, for Ramadan puasa stalls, FAMA, Pasar Malam etc stalls every year, why are the various UMNO City Halls, Municipal Councils and District Councils allowed to practice racism by targeting the Indian petty traders putting up seasonal stalls at the various hindu temple religious festivals and during the Deepavali season held nationwide especially during the other major festivals at Batu Caves for Thaipusam, St Annes’ feast at Penang, Maran during Panguni Utiram festival, Deepavali stalls in Brickfields etc .
6) So much so that in particular Tiagarajan and Gunasegaran who have been putting up stalls at this Teluk Intan festival for 30 and 12 years respectively have complained to us of having run at a loss and are now forced to abandon this their petty trading stall plans at Teluk Intan from next year onwards. This is just the tip of the iceberg of thousands of such Indian petty traders having been put out of business nationwide. Is this the systematic “ethnic cleansing” of Indian petty traders by the UMNO regime @ junta.
Kindly also forthwith investigate and prosecute all such City Hall Mayors, Presidents of Municipal and District Council Chiefs who indulge in such corrupt practices nationwide during all such Hindu religious festivals and during the Deepavali season targeting and victimizing in particular Indian petty traders nationwide.
To avoid allegations of such racism and/or/ corruption and/or racism coupled with corruption, we propose that your goodselves forward our proposal to the UMNO led government of One Malay-sia that all such petty traders stall licence fees are set at a flat rate of RM 30.00 for the entire festivities as is rightly imposed for the Puasa Ramadhan stalls.
This way One Malay-sians would see at least some semblance of fairness and Indian petty traders also sharing at least a small slice of the nation’s wealth and prosperity vis a vis their upward mobility opportunities instead of the present UMNO racism, gangsterism and corruption reigning supreme.
To us this UMNO act racism also amounts to corruption which is within the ambit and Jurisdiction of the MACC which warrants swift and serious prosecution of in particular the President of the Teluk Intan Municipal Council his relevant personnel and all such other City Hall Mayors and the relevant local authorities Chiefs and their personnel and the relevant persons nationwide.
In the circumstances kindly investigate this our complaint and take the necessary action and notify us accordingly within 14 days from the date hereof according to the Anti Corruption Act 2009.
End UMNO racism.
Rights not mercy.
Secretary General (pro tem)
YAB. Dato Seri Najib Razak
Prime Minister of Malaysia,
Blok Utama Bangunan Perdana Putra,
Pusat Pentadbiran Kerajaan Persekutuan, Fax: 03-88883444
62502 Putrajaya E-Mail: email@example.com
Y.B. Dato Seri Kong Cho Ha
Menteri Perumahan Dan Kerajaan Tempatan
Aras 5 Utara, Block K,
Pusat Bandar Damansara, Fax: 03-20940781
50644, Kuala Lumpur. E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dato’ Seri Dr. Zambry bin Abd. Kadir
Pejabat YAB Menteri Besar Perak,
Aras 2, Bangunan Perak Darul Ridzuan,
Jalan Panglima Bukit Gantang Wahab, Fax: 05-2545324
30000 Ipoh Perak
Y. Bhg. Dato Ahmad Faud bin Ismail
Dato Bandar Kuala Lumpur
Tingkat 27, Menara DBKL
Jalan Raja Laut Fax: 03-26919664
50350 Kuala Lumpur. Email: email@example.com