The UMNO 1 Malay-sian Prime Minister Najib Razak today announced the year 2012 annual budget. And this technically one party Malay-sian state yet again on the 54th Budget being tabled in Parliament today (7/10/11) it segregated the Indian poor in the RM232.8 Billion National Budget.
This is despite the fact that even way back in 1957, 68% of the country’s income was contributed by the Indian poor plantation workers in the rubber and palm oil sectors. And it is with this income that became the foundation for this country to be built to what it is today. But after having made use of the Indian poor they have been dumped like sucked oranges. For example even today’s Malaysia Nanban (7/10/2011) at page 5 reported that for the Kuala Pilah Tamil school they have to beg for even a school rubbish bin.
Like in the 54th previous years the Najib administration has refused to put in place a proper mechanism where the budgetary allocations meant for the poor especially the Indian poor filters down. And then Najib Razak like all his previous UMNO predecessors will get to say that the Budget policy was good but it’s implementation was bad.
For the 2012 Budget the following did not take into consideration the interest of the Indian poor:-
1) In the Besut Agropolitan Project, there is zero mechanism for the Indian poor to be included in the 10 acre agriculture land ownership.
2) In the RM100 Million small and Medium Scale Enterprises, allocation RM10 Million Emergency Fund allocation, and RM 1.2 Billion in welfare programmes for Senior Citizens, poor children and disabled Indian poor RM 443 Million to build 8,000 low cost homes there is no mechanism in place to include and not to segregate and exclude Indian entrepreneurs and the Indian poor.
3) As for the RM100 Million allocation for Tamil schools, it becomes meaningless when correspondingly a minimum of 5 acres of state land is denied to all the 523 Tamil schools. No budgetary allocations to acquire land for all these 523 Tamil schools.
(Note: We have not forgotten that in the year 2009 Prime Minister Najib Razak had similarly made a pledge of RM100 Million for Tamil schools but zero of that funds ever filtered down to any one Tamil school on the lamest excuse that “the price of materials had gone up”.
4) Despite the RM400 Million budget for Felda zero allocation has been made to include the Indian poor in the Felda 10 acre land ownership schemes.
5) There has been no minimum wage of RM1,500.00 for all including the Indian poor workers.
6) The RM 15 Million Free Legal Aid Budget for the 28 million population @ RM 53.57 per head is insulting.
7) RM90 Million was rightly allocated for the Orang Asli (0.1% of population). But not even 1 % ie RM232.8 Billion was ever allocated for the pressing needs of the 8% Indian poor population.
We do not expect much save and except for the usual generated hype among the Indians in this years budget. It is basically old wine in new bottles.
You might also like
Bi racial Malay & Chinese Pakatan Shadow Budget : Hindraf input segregated. But only Indian votes wanted. UBAH ? Or not even the Indian Mandore faces in UMNO/BN !
Event: Protest note on non delivery of HINDRAF 18 point demands (12/8/2007) to UMNO Prime Minister NAJIB RAZAK @ Putrajaya on 19/2/12 @ 10.00 AM
Media Event : 19/12/12: Protest note on non delivery of HINDRAF 18 point demands dated 12/8/2007 to UMNO Prime Minister NAJIB RAZAK @ Putrajaya on 19/2/2012 @ 10.00 AM.
P. Uthayakumar’s 25 Nov Hindraf Rally book in daily segments No. 6 (31/12/10). “RM7. 75 per Indian youth skills training budget from RM200 Billion budget ”.
Racist and cruel P.M Najib Razak even segregates Indian poor disabled five year child from govt home. But plays kosong one Indian child wayang kulit .
UMNO has so much resources at its disposal – why does it not allocate appropriately for Indian youth
RM 214 Billion Budget 2011: UMNO Prime Minister Najib Razak yet again segregates and excludes poor Indians from mainstream development. Offers mere peanuts temporary solutions and wayang kulit. Never permanent solutions.
Event: HINDRAF RALLY 25th March 2012, Protest note on non delivery of HINDRAF 18 point demands (12/8/2007) to UMNO Prime Minister NAJIB RAZAK @ Putrajaya @ 10.00 AM
Budget 2012 UMNO P.M. Najib road show: 600 plastic bags of rice etc for Indian poor. But RM 2 billion to create 500,000 Malay muslim entrepreneurs.
Indians denied 90% or only RM9 Million out of RM100 Million AIM business loans disbursed : Racist UMNO 1 Malay-sia govt policy. (See Free Malaysia Today 24/10/12)