This morning 31/1/2012 at 9.00a.m some 100 over Kg Railway Sentul Indian Settlement villagers descended to the Kuala Lumpur High Court at Jalan Duta carrying their banner “Save Kg Railway Sentul Indian Settlement as a National Heritage” and with the symbolic black steam engine locomotive.
At the lobby of the K.L High Court, shouts of Hindraf Valge reverberated, as if anything, only the 25th November 2007 Hindraf spirit will help them and not the 98% 1 Malay-sian Judiciary and their racist and greedy UMNO YTLs’ RM2.00 company Sentul Raya Sdn Bhd who wants to socially “ethnically cleanse” the Sentul Railway Indian Heritage Village.
The oldest villager Mr. Subramaniam a/l Murugan (76) expressed how sad he was at the intended destruction of this Kg Railway as his grandchildren are the fourth generation who were born in this village.
Paralysed and wheel chair bound Mr Sanmugam a/l Suppan (58), a second generation Kg Railway settler said that his father was a Railway boilerman who had served the Malayan Railways for about 40 years. His grandchildren are the fourth generation born here.
He said has no faith in getting Justice in the UMNO Courts and is appealing to UMNO Prime Minister Najib Razak to preserve this Kg Railway Sentul Indian Settlement as a National Heritage in recognition of the Indian workers setting up the Malayan Railways.
Hindraf de facto leader P.Uthayakumar acted as lawyer for the Kg Railway villagers. Also present was Hindraf Information Chief, S. Jayathas.
At a press conference after Court proceedings, P. Uthayakumar said that the villagers are still puzzled as to how a YTL subsidiary ie Sentul Raya Sdn Bhd, a RM 2.00 company could become the owners of this multi-billion Ringgit development property.
And how the Kuala Lumpur Land Office is still blocking and hampering the land search on these Kg Railway Sentul Indian settlement land titles as at 31/1/2012 in a apparent “cover up”. Even today’s official land search proved futile.
P. Uthayakumar also pointed out that in the affidavit of the villagers that they are going to also make a police report and an MACC report to investigate possible corruption and abuse of powers in the acquisition of this prime KTMB property.
P. Uthayakumar also said that YTLs’ affidavit was a mere 3 pages but was seeking swift Summary Judgement but the Kg Railway affidavit is 87 pages and also containing historical documents dating back to 1885 beginning from how the Indian Railway workers were actually brought in along with the locomotives and coaches by ship from India.
This morning’s hearing was before High court Deputy Registrar Puan Nor Hatini. Also representing some of the other villagers are Encik Rashid, Shafrin Halim and Raja Sundram. Mr. B. Thangaraj appeared for the UMNO linked YTLs’ subsidiary Sentul Raya Sdn Bhd.
The next case management has been fixed for 1/3/2012 in order for all parties Affidavits to be filed in.
Information Chief Hindraf
Note : The application to the High Court is for:-
1) Saman Pemula ini dibatalkan dengan kos.
2)Secara alternative Saman Pemula ini ditukar kepada Writ Saman dan Pernyataan Tuntutan dengan kos kepada Defendan-defendan.
3) Satu Perintah bahawa Kampung Railway Sentul Indian Settlement ini dikekalkan sebagai sebuah Kampung Warisan Hakmilik Defendan-defendan.
5) Kg Railway Sentul Indian Settlement ini digazetkan sebagai sebuah Kampung Warisan.
6) Defendan-defendan diperintahkan supaya diberikan Geran Hak Milik Tanah untuk selama-lamanya (Freehold) oleh Pejabat Tanah dan Galian Kuala Lumpur dalam tempoh dua (2) minggu dari tarikh perintah Mahkamah di sini.
7) Secara alternatif Defendan-defendan diberikan satu rumah teres (bukan kos rendah) tiga bilik tidur dan dua bilik air berukuran 2,000 kaki persegi yang pembangunannya sahaja tanpa kos tanah bernilai RM200,000.00 setiap satu dalam mengenang, memelihara dan mengekalkan warisan Kg Railway Sentul Indian Settlement dan dinamakan “Taman Kampung Railway Sentul Indian Settlement”.
8) Satu Perintah Injunksi memerintahkan penghentian serta-merta kesemua pembangunan Kg Railway Sentul Indian Settlement ini dan kesemua pembangunan dalam lingkungan satu (1) Kilometer dari Kg Railway Indian Settlement tersebut sehingga keputusan muktamad dalam guaman sibil ini.