KUMAR HASHIMAH & CO No 6(A), Jalan Abdullah,
PEGUAMBELA & PEGUAMCARA Jalan Bangsar,
ADVOCATES & SOLICITORS 59000 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel : 03-2282 5622
Fax : 03-2282 5245
P. UTHAYAKUMAR. LL.B, CLP.
Office Hours :
Mon. – Fri.
9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
Sat. & Sunday – Closed
Your Reference :
In Reply Please Quote :
Date : 22/6/2012
Tan Sri Abdul Gani Patail,
Attorney General of Malaysia.
Aras 1-8, Block C3, Parcel C Fax: 03-88889369
Pusat Pentadbiran Kerajaan Persekutuan Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tan Sri Ismail Omar Inspector General of Police,
Ibu Pejabat Polis Diraja Malaysia,
Bukit Aman, Fax: 03 – 2070 7500
50560 Kuala Lumpur. Email: email@example.com
Re : 1) Mere commercial crime suspect beaten up in police lock up, injured, tortured and forced to confess to crime not committed.
2) Against world class police and administration of law and order vis a vis government transformation policy
We act for the family of Mr. Indran a/l Chandran a Real Estate Negotiator NRIC No : 690224-07-5281 of 30F, Taman Bunga Raya, 08000 Sungai Petani, Kedah.
Our client’s family instructs us as follows:-
1. Our client was arrested from his home in Batu Caves at about 9.45 a.m on 15/6/12 on an alleged forgery of a land title/cheating case.
2. From the word go upon arrest he was beaten up at the Batu Caves Community police station by one Inspector Prakash and Corporal Ruben, so much so that he has almost lost hearing of his left ear and can now only hear from his right ear.
3. At the Sg Senam Commercial Crime Department at the Ipoh IPD he was told to sit on the floor with his legs stretched out. He was blind folded. Two policemen stepped on each of his thighs, another two policemen held back his hands and was then beaten up on the sole of his feet for about 20 times causing our client to scream because of the unbearable pain. So much so that he cannot walk properly even eight (8) days later today. He was also kicked.
4. On 13/6/12 he was told to bite on to a slipper in his mouth and walk like dog while being handcuffed a la Guantanamo Bay and his knees became bruised.
5. One ASP Ng took out his gun put in a bullet, put it on our client’s head and said he will shoot dead our client and say instead that he ran away and was shot dead. He had then actually pulled the trigger a la Russian Roulette.
6. Two Malay Sargeants also kicked him at the back (kidney area) and beaten up on almost every part of his body.
7. All the above was done while the policemen forcing our client to admit to an alleged forging a land title and cheating an unlicensed moneylender/Ah Long of RM 600,000.00 which was denied by our client.
8. On 19/6/12 our client was taken out from the police lock up at Sg Senan, Ipoh at about 4.00 p.m, taken to Serdang, Selangor looking for one Selvaraj who had allegedly given our client a photocopy of the land title to sell as a Real Estate Negotiator and returned back to the lock up only at about 4.00 a.m on 20/6/12 in violation of the Lock up Rules which stipulates that no prisoner is to be taken out after 6.30 p.m.
9. Despite all the above police violence and abuse of powers our client has refused to confess to crimes that he did not commit.
10. And today 7/6/12 on the 8th day the police are going to extend remand “tukar gari” our client for another alleged offence ie for some documents they found in his bag from day one in violation of the letter and spirit of the recently amended Criminal Procedure Code.
We hereby urge your goodselves to :-
1. Forthwith release our client or prosecute him if there is evidence against him.
2. Urgently send our client for medical treatment.
3. Urgently investigate and forthwith prosecute the criminal policemen as the Malaysian society and public policy no longer condones police acts of bully especially on a helpless and vulnerable detainee at their mercy in their lock ups what more police violence right at the heart of police stations.
Kindly revert to us accordingly.
c.c: DCP Dato’ Pahlawan Mohd Shukri bin Dahlan
Ketua Polis Perak
Ibu Pejabat Polis Kontinjen Perak Fax : 05-2451004
Polis Diraja Malaysia E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Jalan Sultan Iskandar
ACP Azisman Bin Alias
Ibu Pejabat Daerah Ipoh
Jalan Panglima Bukit Gantang Wahab Fax: 05-2423095
30000 Ipoh E-Mail: email@example.com
Ketua Pegawai Eksekutif
Enforcement Agency Integrity Commission
Aras 5, Blok Menara, Bangunan Menara Usahawan,
No. 18, Persiaraan Perdana, Fax : 03-88886526
Presint 2, E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
SAC Datuk Hashim Bin Abdul Jalil Timbalan
Ketua Urus Setia KPN (Tata tertib)
Ibu Pejabat Polis Diraja Malaysia
Bukit Aman Fax: 03 – 22739601
50560 Kuala Lumpur. Email: email@example.com
You might also like
News Flash: 2.05 p.m : CT scan of P. Ramesh’s head denied by Ipoh G.H – kicked by riot police boots.
HRP Media Event 05/08/2010 (Thursday). 14 year old Indian boy arrested, handcuffed, put in police lockup, slapped on face. Wrist and face swollen, received hospital treatment.
Chapter 24 Ipoh Forum at Hokkien Hall on Friday 2/11/2007 @ 8. 00 p. m.” P.Uthayakumar’s 25 Nov Hindraf Rally book in daily segments No. 143 (13/7/11).
S. Selvarajah, Tesco Security Manager blindfolded, handcuffed & beaten after lodging police report. (See FMT)
News Flash: Police brutality ; Indian couple jailed 21 days, head injuries, chilly padi on private part, handcuffed & hanged 15 hours. Robbed RM 600, handphones & gold chain
3 Indian Youths released by UMNO police within 45 minutes of HRP’s letter. But tens of thousands others imprisoned when not guilty.
Citizens arrest of Perak CPO & OCPD Ipoh by Hindraf activists, Royal Commission and IPCMC: Police report by P.Ramesh hospitalised after beaten up by police.
Hindraf lawyers handcuffed at Shah Alam police station.” P.Uthayakumar’s 25 Nov Hindraf Rally book in daily segments No.139 (9/7/11).
Double degree Indian student forced to plead guilty. No bail money, denied Legal Aid and jailed 1 year @ 1 Malay-sian Justice.
Photos: Police brutality @ Kepong police station, head injuries, handcuffed & hanged 15 hours, chilly padi on private part.