Dear Sir, QC,
Further to our tele-conversation on 7/8/12, we enclose hereinbelow:-
1. Sedition Act 1948
2. The English translation of the Statement of facts for (ISA) Detention Order (dated 13/12/07)
We appreciate your kind assistance in this matter.
Tel : 03-22825622
Mobile : 013- 3504711
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Note : Please take note that this year alone the Internal Security Act (ISA) and three (3) 1969 Emergency Proclamations have been repealed as part of the government’s Legal Transformation policies in the background of waning political support and the impending general elections. The Printing Presses Act has been amended to do away with the yearly renewable permits for the dailies and the Police Act amended and replaced with the Freedom of Assembly Act.
Statement of facts for (ISA) Detention Order (dated 13/12/07)
1. That you had on 20/11/06 at the main entrance of Parliament Building, Parilament Road, Kuala Lumpur participated in an illegal assembly organized by Hindraf together with some 120 Indians to protest against the local authorities actions who had demolished hindu temples that had been illegally built on government reserve land and had made media statements accusing the leadership of the Prime Minister that he had failed to protect the interest of the Indians in this country.
2. That you had on 29th June 2007 at the Attorney General Chambers building, Block C3, Complex C, Presint 1, Putrajaya led an illegal assembly organized by Hindraf involving some 120 Indians with the interntion of handing over a Protest Memorandum to the Attorney General with regards to the actions of the local authorities demolishing hindu temples and bringing along banners containing messages accusing the government of oppressing and discriminating the Indians and denying the Indians in this country the right to freedom of religion.
3. That you had on the 28th of July 2007 at the second floor, No. 1, Kuala Lumpur and Selangor Chinese Assembly Hall, Maharajalela Road, Kuala Lumpur had organized a forum titled 50 years of violations of the Federal Constitution by the Malaysia government that was attended by about 400 Indians and had made speeches accusing the UMNO government of oppressing the Indians and denying them their rights as a Malaysian citizen.
4. That you on 12th August 2007 at the main entrance of the Perdana Putra Building, Putrajaya (Prime Minister’s Office) had led an illegal assembly organized by Hindraf together with about 1,000 Indians intending to present a Memorandum to the Prime Minister and making a speech accusing the UMNO government of having cheated the Indians who had not been fair in their rule, disappointed against the government who are still demolishing hindu temples and demanding that the government pays compensation in the sum of RM 1 Million to the victims of Kg Medan.
5. That you had on 20th October 2007 at the Indian Association Hall (Ghandi Hall) No 27, Mahkota Road, Teluk Intan, Perak had made a speech at a forum organized by Hindraf before about 350 Indians and had accused that it was Datuk Seri Najib bin Abdul Razak, the Deputy Prime Minister (now Prime Minister) who had ordered hindu temples to be demolished, that the government had threatened the Indians with the 13th May 1969 Incident (Racial riots) every time they (the Indians) demand for their rights and raise dissatisfaction against the government and the Malays on the grant of business licences and scholarship opportunities for the Indians.
6. That you had on 16th November 2007 at the Yun He Resaurant, Lot 293, Sungai Rambai, Bestari Jaya Road, Kuala Selangor, Selangor had made a speech at a Deepavali Open House and Hindraf Forum before about 1,200 Indians and had accused the police and the enforcement personnel of the Shah Alam City Hall of having been violent by beating up and threatening the Indians with M-16 rifles during the operations of demolishing the Maha Mariaman Hindu temple at Kg Rimba Jaya, Shah Alam, Selangor.
7. That you had on the 18th of November 2007 at the Sri Maha Mariaman Hall, Mengkuang Road, Butterworth, Penang made a speech at a forum organized by Hindraf before about 3,000 Indians and had accused the government and the police of being cruel to the Indians and that Hindraf would use Indian gangsters from Kedah to defend and stop the actions of illegal hindu temple demolishments by the government and are prepared to die defending their hindu temples and if they die they would go to heaven.
8. That you on the 25th of November 2007 in front of the Maya Hotel, Ampang Road, Kuala Lumpur had made a speech at an illegal assembly organized by Hindraf before about 6,000 Indians and had made a statement in the newspapers accusing the UMNO government of cheating and denying job opportunities to the Indians at government departments, rights to education at Institutions of Higher Education, business opportunities, that 100 Indians were slashed and injured during the Kg Medan incident and that the UMNO government did not take action against those involved, had made allegations that thousands of hindu temples were demolished and gave a warning that you would continue opposing the government even if you have to face arrests.
Our Note :This Kg Medan incident in 2001 is believed to be state sponsored racial attacks targeting the Indian poor for political reasons where five (5) Indian poor living in a working class neighbourhood were killed and 100 over others caused grevious bodily injuries but the perpetrators of the crime were never prosecuted for the real crime up to this date).
9. That you had actively participated as a leader and Legal Advisor of Hindraf an organization that is not registered, where that organization at the end of November 2007 made attempts to lobby international support from India, England and the United States and planned to get help of the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) to launch bigger riots in this country.
Our Note: My and my lawyer and fellow ISA detainee M. Manoharan’s civil suit against the Inspector General of Police, Attorney General and the Government of Malaysia to clear our names as having been linked to the LTTE was dismissed for being frivolous, vexatious and an abuse of the process of the Courts by the High Court without even a full hearing. The Court of Appeal had also dismissed our Appeal. We have since appealed to the apex Federal Court.
You might also like
UMNO Federal Court dismiss Uthaya’s stay of proceedings in Gordon Brown Sedition charge trial @ Sessions Court: Conviction to bar standing in GE 13
Uthaya’s Sedition trial : Malay-sian Federal Court 5 man bench play acts by pretending to confer in open Court but actually delivers UMNO Judgment in rejecting Review application that Sedition Act not ultra vires Constitution.
Uthaya’s Sedition charge on “ethnic cleansing” letter to ex U.K PM. Sessions Court rejects stay of proceedings pending Federal Court appeal.
UMNO apex Federal Court decides no freedom of speech for Hindraf to speak truth on state racism & discrimination targeting Indians in 1 Malay-sia.
Federal Court Malay-sia dismisses P. Uthayakumar’s 215 pages Sedition Review without even A.G Gani Patail replying to affidavit: UMNO govt political directions? Not end of road. Another Federal Court Review to be filed when Sedition Act repealed.
Hindraf de facto Leader P.Uthayakumar Sedition High Court application to recuse Sessions Court Judge,DPP & groundless charge postponed as Counsel hospitalised.
Media Event 9/8/2012 : Filing of Federal Court, Putrajaya Review Application for Sedition Charge against P. Uthayakumar to be struck off in the spirit of announcement of repeal of Sedition Act 1948 by Y.A.B Prime Minister on 11/7/2012